We are looking for a motivated, results driven and proactive Assistant Accountant to join our Finance team in our Adelaide head office.
This is a newly created position in a high-performing team and you will report to the Finance Manager. This is a busy and hands on role, which will enable you to contribute to process improvements and efficiencies. This role will also require you to act as back-up for other Finance team members, including the Finance Manager.
The role responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset and Contracts Registers
- Updating the Depreciation Schedule
- Bank reconciliations and FBT
- Maintenance of Trust Account Registers
- Petty Cash Management
- Partner/General Insurances reviews
- Reviewing and following up of inactive matters/balances
- Supporting the Finance Manager with End of year reporting
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the Trust Account Audit
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- A Bachelor of Accounting/Commerce
- 2 years minimum local Accounting experience, ideally in a professional services firm
- Excellence in client service and a professional presentation
- A proven ability to maintain high levels of accuracy in a fast-paced working environment
- Very good time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Legal or similar accounting software knowledge (preferably Affinity)
- Intermediate to Advanced level with Microsoft applications, especially Excel.
What we offer
In return, Mellor Olsson offers a competitive remuneration package and a great team culture. We also provide training, access to our Employee Assistance program, career development and opportunities to attend work social events.
How to Apply
If you believe that you have the relevant experience for this exciting opportunity, please contact Nadine Quarello on 08 8414 3413 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no agencies please.
The closing date for applications is; Friday 29 January at 5:00 pm.