Mellor Olsson Lawyers is one of the most established South Australian law firms with four offices servicing metropolitan and regional clients. As a values-driven organisation with a strong team culture, we are committed to achieving our purpose of helping South Australian businesses and individuals succeed. We have an excellent reputation for providing quality legal services, supported by a history of stability and strategic growth.
We are looking for an Associate to join our team, working primarily in litigation, although experience in town planning would be considered favourably. This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with industry-recognised partners to provide the best consultative service for our clients. You will also have the opportunity to take an active role in mentoring, sharing your knowledge, and developing our future solicitors.
Your role will also include attending client functions, networking in the industry, and presenting externally at events.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising on a wide spectrum of litigation matters, including in town planning
- Appearing at Court hearings
- Briefing counsel
- Running litigation matters independently
- Developing existing, and creating new, client relationships
- Exceeding your KPI’s
- Delegating to solicitors and support staff
- Attending internal meetings and undertaking CPD.
To be considered for this role, you will:
- Have 3 plus years PAE practising in litigation law
- Be admitted to practise in Australia
- Demonstrate strong technical expertise across a broad range of litigation matters
- Be passionate about providing the best client service experience
- Be committed to supporting and working collaboratively with team members
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Be driven, adaptable and efficient.
At Mellor Olsson, we offer a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits designed to promote health and wellbeing, flexibility, and social connection. We are committed to the professional development of our team members and our collaborative team environment provides excellent learning opportunities. We believe in creating a supportive and enjoyable work environment, with regular check-ins, social events, and team activities. To find out more about working at Mellor Olsson, please visit our website.
If you believe you have the experience and skillset to be successful in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] for consideration. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have any questions or would like to find out more about this opportunity, please contact Nadine Quarello (People and Culture Manager) on 08 8414 3400.