Mellor Olsson Lawyers is one of the most established South Australian law firms with four offices servicing metropolitan and regional clients. As a values-driven organisation with a strong team culture, our team is committed to achieving our purpose of helping South Australian businesses and individuals succeed. We have an excellent reputation for providing quality legal services, supported by a history of stability and strategic growth.
An opportunity exists for a Solicitor (1-year PAE) or a law clerk who is interested in litigation. To succeed in this role you must have a strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills and be highly organised. This is a genuine opportunity to develop a legal career and enhance your technical skills, in a supportive environment.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with drafting documents and correspondence
- Attending court or client meetings and taking accurate notes
- Professionally liaising with internal and external clients and other stakeholders via both phone and email
- Conducting legal research
- Assisting with the preparation of briefs
- Working closely in a team to achieve strategic outcomes.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Have completed a Bachelor of Law and may be completing your GDLP
- Previous legal experience, litigation experience will be highly regarded
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding research, writing and communication skills
- Proven ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- A willingness to go above and beyond to exceed expectations
- A proactive approach and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Dedication to providing excellent client service.
At Mellor Olsson, we offer a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits designed to promote health and wellbeing, flexibility, and social connection. We are committed to the professional development of our team members and our collaborative team environment provides excellent learning opportunities. We believe in creating a supportive and enjoyable work environment, with regular check-ins, social events, and team activities. To find out more about working at Mellor Olsson, please visit our website.
If you believe you have the experience and skillset to be successful in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] for consideration. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have any questions or would like to find out more about this opportunity, please contact Nadine Quarello (People and Culture Manager) on 08 8414 3400.