About the role
Based in the beautiful and vibrant coastal city of Port Lincoln, you will have the best of both worlds, by living in a key regional city with a two minute commute to your office while having exposure to interesting, satisfying work. You will also have the unique career opportunity of being able to have a meaningful impact on the community, whilst working in a busy local practice. After work, you will be able to wind down by having easy access to surfing, fishing, amazing scenic runs, and family friendly facilities. This role will be the ideal opportunity for a Solicitor who is currently living in or looking to relocate to Port Lincoln.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- drafting and amending a range of documents
- interviewing clients, preparing and providing information to clients
- day to day conduct of a file
- delegating to Administration Assistants
- working closely in a team to achieve strategic outcomes
We are looking for a professional and results driven full time Solicitor with at least two years’ full time post admission experience. A sense of adventure, a desire to be part of a great team, and a genuine drive to make a difference in your community through your professional skills, will make this opportunity perfect for you. Experience in general commercial and property law, conveyancing, or wills and estates would equip you well for this position, and regional experience is highly regarded.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- have the ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with both new and long-term clients
- be committed to ongoing learning and development
- have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
What we offer
Along with a competitive remuneration package, Mellor Olsson has a strong team culture supported by our values. We support our employees through our Employee Assistance Program, health and wellbeing initiatives, and annual check in’s. Our collaborative team environment fosters excellent career development and learning opportunities. Mellor Olsson employees are provided the opportunity to participate in social events and team activities.
How to apply
If you believe that you have the relevant experience for this exciting opportunity, please send your covering email and resume to [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To find out more about the role, please contact Nadine Quarello (People and Culture Manager) on 08 8414 3413.