Recently, there has been a myriad of legal changes affecting Council professionals involved in property and procurement. Join us on 27 March, for our first LG Forum of 2024 where we will provide updates for those who are involved preparing, managing, and negotiating contracts.
What will we cover?
Our panel of Local Government specialist lawyers will provide up to date information on topics including:
- Unfair Contracts Terms Regime: Understand the major changes and how they impact Local Government
- Amendments to the Retail and Commercial Leases Act: A recap of significant changes to regulations affecting Councils
- Section 221 authorisations and section 222 permits: An overview, discussion, and exploration of the implication for roads
- Dealing with encroachments: The options for handling encroachments without resorting to the Encroachments Act;
- Drafting, negotiating, and managing contracts: Key considerations;
- Interactive Q&A session: Discuss real-life scenarios or hypothetical issues, submitted either in advance via email or live at the forum.
We will use case studies to examine issues arising for Councils and provide advice on how to ensure your contract templates are updated and compliant.
Who can attend?
This session is relevant to all LG professionals and promises to be an interactive experience. It is also an excellent opportunity to network and engage with fellow members from the South Australian Local Government sector. We kindly request you share this invitation with the relevant individuals within your organisation and industry who would benefit from participating.
What if I am at a regional Council?
For LG professionals in regional South Australia who cannot attend, we intend to provide a series of forums including this one at regional venues across South Australia and encourage you to contact us directly to plan a regional forum near you.
How to register
Please note that seating is limited, and early registration is highly encouraged to secure your place. To register for the Forum or for any further information, contact Maddy Arthur at [email protected]. There is no cost associated with attending the event.
Got a question?
Our LG Forums are intended to be interactive events. We encourage participants to ask questions and engage in discussion throughout the forum. Alternatively, you can submit any questions anonymously in advance via the link below.
Submit your questions here.