Melanie joined Mellor Olsson in 2012 and became a Partner in 2019. She has over 10 years’ experience practicing in South Australian legal firms.
Melanie has significant experience in a wide range of commercial and civil litigation matters, including contract and property disputes, insurance, insolvency and debt recovery matters.
Melanie has particular expertise in planning law. She frequently provides advice to Councils, developers, individuals and representative bodies in relation to planning and development issues. She regularly appears before Council Assessment Panels, the ERD Court and the Supreme Court of South Australia.
Melanie’s practice also incorporates estate litigation. She provides advice to clients involved in will and trust disputes, inheritance claims and contested probate matters.
Prior to commencing at Mellor Olsson, Melanie was an Associate to the Honourable Justice Anderson in the Supreme Court of South Australia.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, National Environmental Law Association
- Member, Law Society of South Australia
- Board Member 2016 - 2019 - The Australian Institute of Urban Studies
- Planning, Environment and Local Government Committee, Law Society of South Australia
- Bachelor of Law (Honours)
- Bachelor of International Studies