Joanna joined Mellor Olsson in 2003 and became a Partner in 2008. She started her career practicing predominantly in negligence claims.
Joanna frequently conducts internal investigations on behalf of employers, a practice which combines her skills and experience in both corporate governance and employment law. This work involves identifying and managing risks, the development of policies, procedures and structures, reporting findings and recommendations to stakeholders and liaising with external third parties, such as government agencies, on behalf of clients.
She consults to businesses and industry bodies on corporate governance and Directors' duties and provides training in these areas at both Board and individual level. Joanna regularly undertakes Board and Director performance evaluations and structure reviews.
She is a Facilitator for the Australian Institute of Company Directors: Company Directors Course for Module 3 "The Directors' Duties and Responsibilities" and Module 4 "The Board's Legal Environment".
Her previous board experience includes Chair positions for Australian Vignerons (formerly Wine Grape Growers Australia), Brain Injury South Australia and the Julia Farr Housing Association and non-executive Director roles with Adelaide University Business School Advisory Board, Adelaide and Mount Lofty Ranges Natural Resources Management Board, Uniting Communities and Crime Stoppers SA.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Non-Executive Director - Beston Global Food Limited
- Non Executive Director - Adelaide Cemeteries Authority
- SANFL Player Payment Investigation Committee
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Behind Closed Doors
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- National Sports Tribunal Member
- Chairperson - South Australian Produce Market Board
- Australian Institute of Company Directors Course
- Bachelor of Laws and Legal Practice (Honours)
- Bachelor of Health Science